Going into 2017, as with any new year, we experience a sense of panic for what the future holds. As a business owner, we are no different. However, as the world around us seems to crumble from the next big headline in the news, for the sake of our business we have to grip our sanity to something concrete.
2017 is going to be a good year for business
Tell this to yourself everyday and rest easy because these following statics will prove how you can grow your business from your cell phone.
Social Media Marketing Statistics in General
1. Online adults aged 18-34 are most likely follow a brand via social networking (95%).(Source: MarketingSherpa) Think about your business and the customers that you have.
2. 71% of consumers who have had a good social media service experience with a brand are likely to recommend it to others.(Source: Ambassador) You can leverage your followers to generate more customers via social media.
3. There are 1.65 billion active mobile social accounts globally with 1 million new active mobile social users added every day. (Source: We Are Social) All your content and advertisements should be mobile optimized to catch the readers attention as they scroll through their timeline.
4. 96% of the people that discuss brands online do not follow those brands’ owned profiles. (Source: Brandwatch) Monitoring your brand within your follower circle and outside the circle is important
5. Visual content is more than 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. (Source: HubSpot) Almost all of the things you post on social media should be accompanied with a picture or a video.
1. In 2015 Facebook influenced 52 per cent of consumers’ online and offline purchases, up from 36 per cent in 2014. (Source: The Drum) Facebook is important to every business and this number is steady climbing as the social media giant continues to improve and go.
2. There are 40 million active small business pages in Facebook and 4 million of those businesses pay for social media advertising on Facebook. (Source: Forbes) Doing Facebook ads consistently will put you head of the competition if and only if they are done right. Facebook ads should be tested with low to no budget and then scaled up from there.
3. There were over 4.4 million videos uploaded directly to Facebook in February 2016, generating over 199 billion views. (Source: ReelSEO) Video marketing is a powerful tool that personalizes your brand and increases conversions.
4. Only 20% of Facebook posts generate an emotional response while no ads did. (Source: AdEspresso) The art of story telling is creating an emotional response from your reader or listener.
5. The best time to post on Facebook is 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday.Other optimal times include 12:00–1:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays and 1:00–4:00 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays. (Source: HubSpot) Hootsuite or Calendy to schedule social media post.
1. Link clicks account for 92% of all user interaction with tweets. (Source: HubSpot) People are far more likely to click on links in twitter.
2. 78% of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour.(Source: Lithium) Twitter for most businesses should primary be used for customer service.
3. There is a total of 1.3 billion accounts, but only 320 million are active. (Source: Business Insider) According to Content Marketing Institute predictions for 2016, as Twitter’s sign-up growth has slowed down, it will boost its stock price by making ads more prominent, so be ready to start paying for visibility.
Twitter has a serious competitor now. Reddit has occasionally passed Twitter as the number 3 social networking site in the Top 10 Social Networking Sites by Market Share of Visits. This has also left a mark on Twitter’s stock price that has been moving steadily downwards during the last year or so.
4. Latest study by Locowise found thatadding hashtags had no effect on engagement rates. In fact, tweets without hashtags outperformed tweets with hashtags. (Source: Adweek) Therefore, it is better to focus on the quality of your original content instead of overly relying on hashtags for increasing engagement.
1. Top brands on Instagram are seeing a per-follower engagement rate of 4.21% which is 58 times higher than on Facebook and 120 times higher than on Twitter (Source: Hootsuite) With Instagram you get maximum engagement. With the right photos and hashtags your Instagram will drive customers into your business.
2. Media brands are the most active whereas business services, financial services, and fast moving consumer goods have the lowest percentage of brands represented on Instagram. (Source: Simply Measured) These markets are likely to get a significantly higher engagement than the 4.21% per follower engagement that the top media brands get due to the lack of competition.
3. 90% of Instagram users are younger than 35 (Source: ScienceDaily) Instagram has become the social media network for targeting millennials.
4. Products were the top content types for the top 200 global brands in terms of engagement, at 60% in 2015 beating lifestyle category by over 20%. (Source: Hootsuite) Advertisement is more accepted on Instagram than any other platform
5. Posts tagged with another user (56%) or location (79%) have significantly higher engagement rates (Source: Simply Measured) So don’t forget to network and tell everyone where you are at.
1. In 2015 YouTube posted the figure of 40 billion all-time views for branded content. (Source: ReelSEO) If you aren’t doing video marketing your business is going to fail.
2. More than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices and the average mobile viewing session lasts more than 40 minutes. (Source: YouTube) As mobile captures consumers’ full attention, at home or on the go, brands now have the opportunity to reach people anywhere.